SHOW: Home networking project setup
At modemly community, We often showcase real home networking setups to inspire your next project. (Will keep it a regular thread)
Project 1: Simple network with only one access point
The above setup is from the Reddit user "EL_RICHY".He bought most of my equipment at my local Micro Center and Amazon. The list of items I purchased.
- Arris SB8200 cable modem
- UniFi 8 port 60W POE switch
- UniFi 8 Port POE powered
- UniFi Security Gateway
- UniFi Cloud Key
- 2-UniFi AP AC Pros
He installed an AP on the main floor and was planning on setting up the second AP upstairs. But a single AC Pro so far was sufficient enough to cover the whole house.
Project 2: Advanced home network setup
Reddit user "Avernar" shares his home network setup, If you're curious, his last speed test was 1.715Gbps down, 1.010Gbps up with a 4ms ping.
In the rack:
- 16-port LC/LC Multimode 50u OM3/4 Duplex Patch Panel. Number 16 replaced with an SC/APC Simplex coupler.
- 24-Port Cat6 Patch Panel.
- Netgear GS724T
- Spacer for future 24-Port Cat6 Patch Panel.
- Ubiquiti ER-8-XG EdgeRouter Infinity
- Ubiquiti ES-16-XG EdgeSwitch 16 XG
How does yours look like? Show us your setup