SHOW: Gigabit Ubiquiti home network setup
Gear list -
- Arris SB8200 gigabit modem
- Extreme Infinity Promise unity gain coax amp
- Ubiquiti Unifi security gateway
- Ubiquiti Unifi 8 port switch POE 150w
- Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-PRO (ceiling mounted)
- Ubiquiti Unifi cloud key
- Philips Hue smart lighting hub
- 12-port keystone punch panel from Amazon
- Metal networking box from Amazon
When the reddit user mystical_croissant purchased and moved into a home, he in his own words
"Recently became a homeowner and did a basic remodel that involved opening a couple walls. Took the opportunity to scrap out all the old coax and telephone lines from the 90s and run ~500 feet of new CAT 6 and RG6 myself.
Now everything terminates into my utility room in the basement, runs out to the garage and up to the attic where it is distributed to all the rooms. Access point is ceiling mounted in the middle of the house.
Works great! Blown away how professional the ubiquiti stuff runs. Well worth the price tag IMO."
You can see the original thread here
How does your setup look like. Show us using a SHOW thread.
Read great educational content like this and a lot more !
Members get free exclusive access to content, new courses, and discounts. Signup for a free account to write a post / comment / upvote posts. Creating an account takes less than 5 seconds and you can start earning badges & points too