SHOW: A simple home network setup for beginners with small homes
We all have seen those massive home network setups and wondered if we could get a simple one to get started. Well, here's one for you. If you live in a tiny apartment and all you need is a high performing and reliable wifi, you should look at this setup from reddit user gglelango.
The Network gear:
- Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway
- UniFi Switch 8 Port Gigabit Switch
- Ubiquiti UniFi AC Pro Access Point
- Ubiquiti UniFi Controller Cloud Key
- NETGEAR DM200 ADSL2+ Modem
The Network diagram:
- The Netgear Modem is plugged into to a Ubiquiti Router
- Then the signal passes to a 8-port switch
- Cloud key is used for reporting (like data downloads and access summaries)
- The Access point is nothing but the actual wifi radio that transmits the wireless signal
and the wireless access point mounted on one of the rooms:
You could see the original thread here
What do you think about this setup and How does your's look like ?
Read great educational content like this and a lot more !
Members get free exclusive access to content, new courses, and discounts. Signup for a free account to write a post / comment / upvote posts. Creating an account takes less than 5 seconds and you can start earning badges & points too